Are you a Quality Assurance professional looking to escape a cube farm and expand your organizational influence? Do you want to “learn the ropes” of software development while contributing to a growing product in a casual, comfortable environment?
If the answer to either of those questions is “Yes”, then Supernal Software has just the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
This individual will collaborate with our Product Management and Software Development teams to develop and execute test plans for our web-based software application. In addition to executing manual tests, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge automated testing tools and technologies.
Being more than “just a tester”, the QA Analyst will also be responsible for developing and refining organizational Quality Assurance standards, and will be asked to define and track quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
Preferred candidates will have earned a bachelor’s degree, possess a working knowledge of quality assurance methodologies, be familiar with testing web-based applications , demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to function in a position requiring a certain degree of creativity, latitude, and independence. Java coding experience and/or experience with automated testing frameworks (Selenium, Cucumber, Geb) is a bonus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced QA Analyst to learn coding skills and potentially transition into a full-time software development position under the guidance of a software architect. It is also an opportunity for a motivated QA professional to assume a leadership role and define organizational quality standards.
We offer an attractive and comprehensive benefit package that includes 12 days of paid time of your first year, 8 paid holidays, , a 401(k) Savings and Retirement plan with Company match, medical, dental and vision coverage, health care flexible spending account, employee assistance plan, employee and dependent life insurance coverage, voluntary disability insurance and employee discounts through MarketPlaceSM.
Evaluates and tests software applications to verify that programs function according to specifications and standards by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Tests software programs to compare to specifications and documentation.
- Identifies, analyzes, and documents defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in software program functions, outputs, online screens, and content.
- Establishes benchmarks for program efficiency in operating and response times.
- Creates test cases and test data.
- Creates and executes automated test scripts using testing software programs.
- Installs, maintains, and uses testing software programs.
- Responds to inquiries from users and technical support regarding functions and operations of software programs.
- Contributes to establishment of standards and procedures for program design and testing.
- Recommends program improvements or revisions to programmers and system analysts.
- Coordinates testing by users and third parties.
- Identifies program variances from standards and suggests modifications to conform.
- Assists users to isolate possible problems in software after implementation.
- Conducts compatibility tests with other software programs, hardware, multiple operating systems, and network environments.
- Monitors program performance after implementation to prevent recurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
- Documents, tracks, and communicates test plans, test results, analysis, and unresolved problems.
- Develops computer programs to test, track, and verify defects in software programs.
- Trains and supports users.
- Reviews and contributes to software program documentation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Design – Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; web-based software, and automated testing tools.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES
No certifications needed
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to email resume. No phone calls please.