In this technically savvy role, you will develop, test, maintain and support a web-based application built with the Grails web application framework. You will have opportunities to contribute to all areas of a customer-facing web application, including UI, server and database development. You will work directly with and learn from the VP of Software Development, an early adopter of Grails technology. You will gain experience in all areas of web application development and have real input into how the software is built.
As part of a small, agile development team, you will have the opportunity to contribute new features and functionality to a customer facing product; and you will do so in the comfort of your own office. No cube farms and TPS reports here.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual to gain valuable on-the-job experience using cutting-edge technologies.
- Work closely with a software architect and assist in developing and maintaining software using the Grails application architecture; Grails experience is not necessary, but applicants should exhibit competency with both the Java programming language and Java web technologies (JEE/JSP/Servlet); Training and mentoring will be provided as-needed
- Work with other members of the software development team and other individuals in the organization to interpret software specifications and requirements
- Respond to customer support requests (once a sufficient knowledge-base has been established) and assist customers with technical questions or requests
- Perform both automated and manual quality assurance (QA) testing and report software defects
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development, Mathematics or related discipline, 1-2 years related experience and/or training using the Java programming language and Java web technologies or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general technology periodicals, professional journals or technical procedures
- Ability write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, co-workers and customers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
- Basic competency working with Windows XP/Vista/7 and Microsoft Office
- Competency writing/debugging Java programming language
- Experience with Java web/J2EE technologies (e.g. JSP, Servlet)
ADDITIONAL TECHNOLOGIES USED
Though not required, preference will be given to candidates with experience in these areas.
- SQL queries/language
- IntelliJ Idea
- MySQL administration
- Apache Tomcat
- Subversion (Tortoise)
- Spring MVC
- Red Hat Linux
Job is located in Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.